The two Crossfit rules of perseverance:

Rule #1. Take one more step.

Rule #2. When you think you can't take one more step, refer to Rule #1.

Unfit or Crossfit, It's up to you!

Monday, July 18, 2005

Fran

Workout of the Day

"Fran"

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:

95-pound Thruster
Pull-ups

Post time to comments.

Compare to 050530.

4:15

A new P.R by 54 seconds

I used the same tactic as I used yesterday for Cindy...balls to the walls. I made a decision at the start to just keep going untill the job was done, and it worked. I managed to get all the trusters unbroken and the first set of pull ups unbroken, which makes a big difference to the overall time.

Also made a start on the sand bag challenge. I dont have a sand bag yet , but what I did do was use one of the punch bags from work, which weighs 17kg, and went into the aerobics studio. The studio is marked out for the bleep test, 20 metres, and I ran this distance 100 times in just over 18 minutes.

All I need to do now is build that weight up to 85kg and drop the time to under 15 minutes to complete the challenge!!!!!

3 comments:

David said...

Amazing time on Fran today !!! Hope to be able to get there soon. Maybe you could use that punch bag+ an extra backpack (on your back with weights) to simulate the load your body will have to carry ?

Davie said...

good idea mate, we also have a large punch bag that is a bit bigger so i will probably use that as well

Kenny said...

Well done ya big git. I wont tell the guys that ur watch actually stopped ............. KIDDING ON!!! He was like a man possessed guys and well what can i say. Excellent effort.