The two Crossfit rules of perseverance:

Rule #1. Take one more step.

Rule #2. When you think you can't take one more step, refer to Rule #1.

Unfit or Crossfit, It's up to you!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Adult Gymnastics

Forgot to mention that I was at an adults gymnastics class last night and it was amazing. I found out about it from a friend who goes to it to help with her dancing

The class consists of a warm up, stretching and then you can either just spend the time doing your own thing, or you can practice for awards. I tried vaulting, the asymetric bars, the trampet but spent most of my time practicing my handstands.

Doing a handstand on the sprung floor for the first time was very strange. I have been doing a lot of handstand practice at home and as part of my warm-ups and cool downs after training, but having someone there coaching me was brilliant. I learned where my hands should be, what to do with my body ( stop arching your back!!) and how to control myself better while Im upside down.

The other things I learned, but no one esle is impressed by was a forward roll, handstand into a forward roll and a forward roll into a handstand.

The class is on every Monday but due to my shifts at work I will only be able to make it once, maybe twice a month.

Therefore I am heading up to work tomorrow to get my shifts changed so that I can get there more often....the beauty of being the boss!

No comments: