The two Crossfit rules of perseverance:

Rule #1. Take one more step.

Rule #2. When you think you can't take one more step, refer to Rule #1.

Unfit or Crossfit, It's up to you!

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Ramblings of me

Just thinking today that I really, really love CrossFit.

This last 3 day cycle has really beat me up big time, but I feel so much beter for actually doing the workout today. I think the "Murph" wod from Thursday was the main culprit in kicking my ass, as I am still walking like the muscles in my quads have been ripped from the bone. Today I couldnt do a single HSPU but still did the wod, instead doing negative reps, and even these reall, really hurt!

Anyway....just thought I would share that.

Davie

1 comment:

Zach Even - Esh said...

Davie - yo brother, thanks for digging the video, I assume this was the Ancient Training Methods DVD. To answer your question, I used a tow strap that I snagged from this site ... http://www.talcospecialties.com/web6.htm

I bought two straps for ea. sled, 10 ft in length ea. - You can use a 1" width on the strap and that is plenty - ask for Gordon, tell him you spoke to Zach about buying straps for pulling sleds

I used a tire to show people that you don't have to spend money on a sled (or, military and inner city don't have access to a sled) so use a tire - I drilled a hole, then secured an eye hook through the hole - using a carabiner clip (I used to snag them from Galyan's climbing - now dick's sporting - which doesn't carry climbing gear) so I snag these carabiners for $ 5 from Iron Mind. Loop the tow strap through the end of the other tow strap. Now you can do rows, presses, rotations, extensions, etc.

you'll have a blast with the tire and send me some pics of you in action brudda, i'll get it on the web site! drop me a line any time dude, kick ass til' then mate!

zach even - esh

www.CombatGrappler.com