The two Crossfit rules of perseverance:

Rule #1. Take one more step.

Rule #2. When you think you can't take one more step, refer to Rule #1.

Unfit or Crossfit, It's up to you!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Glasgow Half Marathon

So... I did it without stopping or walking which was all I was looking for and in a time of 2 hours 2 mins ( unofficially). Ill get the actul time tomorrow when it is printed in the local paper that is sponsoring the event.



Got myself a snazzy t-shirt and a medal, and also in the goodie bag that was given out after the race was a small tin of deoderant, a bottle of water....and a chocolate biscuit which I didnt eat because Kyle saw it first.



I can safely say that my CrossFit training made a massive difference to this run. the last distance run I did outdoors was a 10km run a couple of years back and after it I was completley exhausted. This race however I did not once feel like my fitness was going to let me down. I saw people collapsing due to exhaustion and stoping due to cramps etc, but the whole wa through thte race all I could think about was the pain I was feeling in my legs because of the seminar on thursday and the pouding sensation I was getting in my knees.



CrossFit Fucking Rocks!!!!!




Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

Kenny said...

Pitty ur name wasnt Jim.... and oh yea.... some hair..... if u did then u could have pretended to be jim'll fix it since u got the medal. Well done dobber

Davie said...

cheers mate
ill b up tomorrow to show it off

Anonymous said...

Hi - I was there cheering on....and So was Sir Jimmy! Cigar in hand as he crossed the finish line. What a pro. LOL