The two Crossfit rules of perseverance:

Rule #1. Take one more step.

Rule #2. When you think you can't take one more step, refer to Rule #1.

Unfit or Crossfit, It's up to you!

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Starting back

Workout of the Day

Four rounds for time of:

50 Squats
5 Muscle-ups

Post time to comments


Subbs for muscle ups 5 pullups + 5 dips per 1 muscle up

Jackie is starting this with me today so I am going to reduce the numbers for her to 25 squats and do bench dips and jumping pullups.

Jackie done really well on this one. She almost met Pukie on her second set but managed to finish the set. We changed it to 2 sets of the following for time

25 squats
25 jumping pull ups
5 bench dips

6:24

Also had Jackie doing a modified warm up with press ups, dips, jumping pull ups , squats and samson stretches.

Me on the other hand, I'm still feeling like shit from Monday so didnt do anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,
I am just starting the whole Crossfit experience. Looking forward to checking your blog to see how I am doing in comparison.

I have a quick Q for you seeing as you are in the UK like me. Where have you found to buy climbing ropes and hoops for muscle-ups etc? I can't find anywhere near me and online I can only seem to find retailers for volume orders. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Stephen (waaaaaay down South from you!)

Davie said...

One of the guys in London got rings from ringtraining.com

As for ropes I havent got any so dont know ant retailers yet.

Any questions that you haver on crossfit either ask myself and if I cant help use the message boards

Glad to have another U.K CrossFitter

Anonymous said...

Davie,
The best place to pick up climbing ropes around here are stores that deal with boats. I got mine at West Marine. http://www.westmarine.com/ A little far for you all to go, but I'm sure you have something like it. Glad to see you are back. How are you feeling?
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Erm...can't remember what I done, 25 squats, 25 jumping thingy's and 5 dips. Twice. In under 7 mins. Felt a bit sick and dont like it much but hey, it doesn't have to be fun, to be fun . right?